Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What's In A Name?

The most common question I get regarding my business isn't about the services I offer or rates I charge. Nope. What people most often want to know is the story behind the name, why daisies, why three, and why white?

One reason I can give is that I feel daisies, especially white daisies, are fresh and vibrant. They are such beautiful flowers and grow with a passion. I have always felt that translates well to what my business stands for.

While that is a good reason it doesn't explain the three so let me tell you where the name really started. According to the local florist in my home town, a daisy is the flower that represents loyal love. When I was graduating high school I had 3 very special friends who I wanted to somehow be connected to on graduation night and the rest of my life. We couldn't all march together so I had to find another thing that could connect us in the crowd. That is when I came up with each of us marching in to the high school gym wearing cap and gown and carrying one white daisy each.

When I started my business I knew I wanted to incorporate the fresh and vibrant feeling of the daisies in my name and in a nostalgic moment I decided it should be THREE WHITE DAISIES. I still love all three of those girls very much and it makes me happy every time I see my logo and think of them.

Now you know ....

No comments:

Post a Comment